5 tips to keep your insurance premiums downProperty insurance is, quite simply, a must. If your home is damaged in anyway by flood, fire, storm or escape of water, you need the peace of mind to know that you can repair the damage. It may also be a requirement of your mortgage provider.
1. Compare – many comparison sites exist online, but do make sure that you are comparing like with like (for example you should check that excesses on the policies you’re comparing are the same).
2. Don’t auto-renew. We recently worked with a customer who saved over £470 just by switching. When it comes to property insurance, loyalty doesn’t always pay.
3. Combine your buildings and contents cover to enhance your negotiation clout.
4. Pay annually where possible to avoid paying admin and interest fees.
5. Protect your home – the installation of fire alarms, flood protection, pipe insulation shows the insurer that you care about your property and are more likely to look after it.No matter how well we are insured, the recent storms here in South Wales and across the UK have demonstrated that storm and flood damage can happen to almost anyone. You’ve worked hard to ensure that you are able to insure your property against such damage. To ensure that you get the maximum benefit from your insurers, call Lee on 01792 891420 or email him.